Credit Control/Accounting Assistant Vacancy
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, self- motivated and confident Credit Controller/Accounting Assistant to join our team in Ollerton. We are a small team who work well together, so the successful candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to portray the company’s high standard of customer service.
The role will involve liaising with customers, suppliers, and colleagues, supporting all accounts functions with the main emphasis on debtors and credit control, cash books and reconciliations and purchase ledger invoice processing/payments.
You will be friendly and enthusiastic with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and use your own initiative.
Location: Ollerton, Nottingham
- Focus on Credit Control including dealing with invoice disputes or queries on accounts
- Purchase ledger invoice processing
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Support collation and preparation of supplier payment runs
- Run credit checks on new and existing customers and suppliers
- Sales invoicing
- Cash book processing and allocations
- Petty cash reconciliations
- To answer and direct internal and external phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- To write and distribute business emails, correspondence memos, letter, and forms
- To assist in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc scheduled reports
- To support and maintain an efficient filing system
- Using the company C4W database system to understand customer contracts (full training will be given)
- To comply with all other reasonable requests made
- Any other ad hoc projects/duties as required
Overall, we are looking for someone who has extensive experience in all these areas and will be able to work under their own initiative and prioritise and manage their way through the daily, weekly, and monthly routines.
We are also open to talking to candidates who may be at an earlier stage of their career who have some areas of development but who have demonstrated via academic record and/or are part way through their accountancy qualifications and want to follow a professional finance career – this is an aspect that we would support so long as the key job description areas above can be met.
The role will involve occasional travel to our Bristol office, typically once a quarter, plus 3 days induction visit to better understand the business and group operations.
- Hold extensive experience in transactional accounting processes/systems, credit control and reconciliations
- Have exposure to SAGE systems
- Computer literate and proficient in other MS Office (incl. Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills – internal and external customers
- Good communication skills with a confident, professional telephone manner
- Proactive and flexible approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An ability to effectively work under pressure and problem solve
- Punctual, committed, and eager to learn
How to apply for the role
Strictly no agencies.
To apply for this job please send a copy of both your CV and cover letter to [email protected]